Thursday, July 28, 2011

DNA and the Percentages


I've been looking at the database set up for the descendants of Benjamin Franklin. Of course they were able to construct a massive DNA project. Looking at this site has helped me understand what DNA can do for family historians. The chart (see above) with the predicted relationship percentages was especially helpful. Now I can see you can predict relationships 24 or more generations back, and also look at more recent generations. I did notice that mutations did not happen frequently.
It would be nice to have a known relative of James Forgey or Andrew Forgey tested. I have been trying again to find descendants. This is what I came up with.
James Forgey born 1766 Ireland had one son James R. Forgey
James R. Forgey  had two sons who left male children Gabriel and James R.
Gabriel Forgey's sons:
James N. Forgey
Gabriel Forgey he had two sons Versel Ray Forgey and Gabriel R. Forgey 
James N.  had two sons who lived in Bristol, Tennessee Charles and James Forgey. Charles died in the 1990s I don't know if he left any children.
James R. Forgey Sr.'s sons:
James R Forgey b. 1886 died 1931 Didn't leave any children? Could not find any listed on Census
Frank Harland Forgey b. 1894 d. 1968 Only had two daughters Marion and Catherine
David S. Forgey b. 1898 Was in WWII and stated at that time he had no children?



No comments: