Thursday, April 28, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History- Pets


I had an assortment of pets growing up from livestock to domestic pets. One of my first pets was a rabbit. Not a very friendly rabbit. I also had many cats which tended to be rather aloof and not too cuddly. We also kept some birds which the cats often harassed. I did enjoy several litters of kittens which were born in our garage. I remember the mother cats tried to move their kittens into my closet :D. 
I remember I also had a tiny turtle named Timmy who would often escape his home. We would have to comb the house to find him.
We also had a rooster which would wake the neighbors up so we had to get rid of it. 
I became very attached to my apricot poodle named Romeo. I got him around the time of my Junior High School graduation. He was much more fun than the cats. He was a very lively companion, and like a little brother to me. He lived to be about 15 years old. It was a very sad day when he had to be put to sleep.
I don't have any pets now. Just no time to care for a pet now. 

No comments: